I’m so late to post about this blouse! I finished it a loooong time ago, as I sewed it in the week following the release of the pattern by Pauline Alice. I was very impressed by the tester‘s versions, especially Andrea‘s. So pattern purchased, downloaded, printed and assembled. I didn’t even take time to trace it 🙂 I did however check against my sloper that it would be wide enough in the critical areas. Here is my wearable muslin:
I really like the pattern and as some have pointed out, the way the yoke is applied to the front is clever! I enjoy wearing it, I think it looks great and I received many compliments from family and colleagues, which is always nice. I was worried that it would be too tight the first time I wore it, but it’s simply because I’m so used to wearing knit tops that I forget how it feels to wear a woven blouse.
The instructions could be a little clearer in some aspects, I’m thinking about the drawing showing how to insert the bias band on the sleeve opening. I had done this before so I knew what to do and I’m grateful for that because the illustration is totally baffling! As some have mentioned too, the sleeves are too short for me, and so is the sleeve bracelet: I can hardly close the button with my arms straight and my wrists are not particularly wide. The collar is a little small too, but I don’t really mind as I wouldn’t close the last buttons anyway.
This being said, I’m totally going to make it again, this time in a solid colour, I have a nice aubergine poplin waiting to be cut.
See you soon!